Help

Discussion: Explanation/definition of the structured tags

• Started: 3 years ago on Sun 12th Jul 2020

Public discussion This is a public discussion in Tagging forum.

GeorgD started this discussion 3 years ago.

Explanation/definition of the structured tags

Where can we find the explanation/definition of the structured tags? I think I saw it somewhere, but can't find it neither here in the forum nor in help page. Example illustrating why such a page helps:

• Interpretation variances, e.g. "all day sun". Strictly all day? From top to bottom of the wall? All around the year? For more details, see forum and linked github issues.
  • Ambiguity of words and language skills: What does condition "chipped" or style "offwidth" mean? The page does only exist in 7 languages, so e.g. people speaking Slowakian need to find a dictionary containing climbing slang. And even though the page exists in German (my mother tongue), I still did not understand the meaning of "chipped/geschlagen" - is that about "Schlaghaken" (e.g. Black Diamond Angels)??
  • I understand why we wanna tag that guides are at a crag (routes blocked for a longer time, more talking, ...) but why shall we want to tag that beginners are at a crag? i.e. how may I use the info, how may I benefit from it?

Showing all 1 message.

You are not part of this discussion.

Participants
GeorgD